1 / 123
I made this negligee using a 1927 pattern #5004 by McCall. I absolutely adore 1920’s lingerie and try to sew as much of it as I possibly can.
I fully intended to sew this lovely negligee in silk but I wanted to make a wearable muslin first, and I decided to use some really beautiful cottons from my stash.
I also embroidered the cuff with my initials nestled in an art deco rose motif. The robe is fully lined and the carriers are hand stitched.
Wearable muslin or not, it turned out just perfect and I’m so happy with it. I think I’ll be making a reproduction of the pattern soon!
You can read more about the robe’s construction details on my blog, A Few Threads Loose: http://afewthreadsloose.blogspot.com/2015/01/mccall-5044-1920s-robe-in-luxury-cottons.html