1 / 310
Empire Waist Nightie – Burdastyle 12/2014 #124
Last year I dip-dyed a remnant of vintage broderie anglaise cotton in pink, but the color is uneven in places, however I still used it to make this summery night dress. I also used a vintage cotton remnant for the frilly trim, a fine lightweight cotton in lemon. I made the tube-bows a bit thicker than they were meant to be, and I placed them in the wrong place as I realized later, but I think they look alright at the bottom of the bust so I’ll leave them there. The piping isn’t very prominent but no worries. I couldn’t get the yellow frills uniform/perfectly even, neither in the cut nor in the gathering of them, but no one will notice lol.
I’ll take some proper pics in summer lol