1 / 21
A jumpsuit was on the list of things I never thought I’d wear, let alone make. They’re too infantile, I’m too tall, can’t go to the loo properly…but yet again By Hand London have seduced me with their magically flattering patterns!
In lieu of my envisioned pineapple print rayon (which proved surprisingly difficult to source) is this hot pink tropical print number from Spotlight. It makes me think 90s sarongs and is utterly rad. Actually ‘rad’ is the only word suitable to describe this jumpsuit.
Pattern alterations to a size US10/UK14:
- 2.25cm FBA
- 1.75cm other FBA (full belly adjustment!) which added front waist tucks
- 7cm extra length added (!), 1cm to bodice & 6cm to crotch (for reference I am 178cm – the crotch is a little lower than in usual pants but I need the extra length for moving/sitting/reaching)
- scooped back crotch out 5mm for low ass
- accidentally cut wrong size bias binding so the straps may be a different width to the pattern!
- sewed one back patch pocket