BurdaStyle

Img_9232_large

1 / 29

I have a crush on overalls at the moment. For this project I used Burdastyle’s 6/2014 #106 pattern. I have made overalls in the past but this pattern caught my eye because it had the slight flare on the bottom and the zip up the front. I was just curious to find out how it would turn out because the magazine’s photo didn’t offer a better view on the model.

Let me begin by saying that zip up the front was challenging for me. I just couldn’t get it right. Normally I cut a size 36 without including the extra 5/8 inch inseam because it usually fits me fine. This time I should have added that inseam. It was a bit fitted and I had to alter that flare around the hem because it really had a weird fluted effect. However, it made it easier to roll up the hem which seems to be the trend with these overalls.

I also need to wear a belt with this outfit. It breaks up the onesie effect.
This was not too difficult and the magazine offers instructions.

Close