1 / 136

This is the Sew-a-holic Saltspring dress pattern, cut to a size 12.

Material is 100% lightweight silk organza that is completely sheer. I underlined my fabric with pima cotton batiste in a champagne color. The lining of the bodice is ivory rayon viscose.

I widened the straps as instructed in the sew-along on the Sew-a-holic website. I also did not do a traditional hem, as it looked awful on the organza since it’s so stiff. I managed to do a scarf edge hem on my conventional sewing machine by using a walking foot and a multi-purpose foot attached to the walking foot. I used a very short zigzag and sewed on the wrong side of the fabric after I’d basted the underlining to my silk. I trimmed right up to my baste stitch and sewed 1/8inch along the hem on the wrong side using the short zigzag stitch. It rolled my hem under perfectly!