1 / 45

I used three small portion scraps from my stash to make this dress. Primarily using the pattern for the Color Blocked Dress #114, I changed it by using woven non-knit fabrics in place of the stretchy fabrics as called for in the instructions. The shoulder ties are very fun and different to wear, especially with the lining fabric showing. The top part is a cotton denim, while the middle and skirt sections are a poly/cotton linen-look fabric, all stuff leftover from past projects. Lining the dress is a bleached muslin from on hand. The shaping is first rate, I love the unusual skirt back darts, and it was relatively easy to make. To see and read more, visit my blog https://seamracer.wordpress.com/2015/08/03/retro-forward-burda-style-scrap-busting-bustier-dress/