BurdaStyle

Veste-pavot-deer-and-doe-1_large

1 / 69

I wanted a rather simple coat for the spring and decided to try my hand at Pavot. It’s my first coat, which makes it a big achievement!!!

I didn’t like the fact it was unlined, but I didn’t consider myself experienced enough to draft a lining, so I interligned my cotton will with silk charmeuse and honk-kong finished all my seams with Liberty of London bias tape (that was pricey, I used maybe 18 meters)…

I also tweaked the original design a bit, lenghtening the coat, adding a back pleat and a martingale, and transforming the sleeves gathers into a pleat, to remind of the back. I drafted pleated patch pockets as well, since I don’t like in-seam side pockets, but I was afraid it could look too “home made” if I didn’t succeed to attach hem discreetly, as I’m not so good at fidgetty techniques like this…

I’m overall happy with the pattern and this project : even if it’s by no means perfect, I’m proud of it!

You can find more pictures and details on my blog “here”: http://www.carlottastermaria.fr/blog/pavot-des-panoramas/

Pictures © Noctvrna

Close