BurdaStyle

20150620_205125_large

1 / 191

I made a couple of these for the flower girls of friends who is going to get married in less than 2 weeks! These are super simple to make but since we chose a very delicate tulle, a lot had to be sewn by hand. Gathers for the lining are done via machine, the tulle however had to be gathered by hand. Everything was put together by machine, ribbon trim is again sewn by hand. I used elastics instead of a zipper closure.

Note: I cannot stress how easy this is! All of the fabric cutting and most of the hand-sewing are done while I’m at the coffee shop waiting for my husband’s classes to finish. This is also the first project where I used my Mom’s recently revived/repaired vintage Singer sewing machine. I’m lucky enough to find a gathering foot that is compatible with this machine.

Close