1 / 275
This perhaps was the easiest pattern of all to make for me (albeit a slight bit more technical due to the button placement, button extension, etc.)
Max actually helped me pick fabric/helped design this one with me. The tunic top is based off of a photo of a near-exact tunic top from 1967 in an old McCall’s catalog. I didn’t want to spend time searching for that specific pattern online so I went up to the sewing room and BAM banged out the pattern. Alas, the pattern is also self-drafted.
This was also one of my first times (literally) using a bias tape binding on anything. Yes, really. They teach you how to make piping, make bias tape, do all kinds of weird tricks in design school, but they never teach you how to attach bias tape correctly. As a result, I did something sorta-wrong but it’s finished very well. Just the stitch line shouldn’t be exactly where it is. I’ll definitely make another one of these in the future, so there is time to figure out that bias tape bit.
See more over on the blog: Manic Pop