1 / 6
My boyfriend has got a bit of a penchant for tropical shirts at the moment, and seems to be buying anything with a flamingo on it! I saw this fabric on ebay for about £3/m, so figured I’d have a go at shirt-making.
I’ve made women’s blouses before (but not in years) but not very successfully, I never seem to be able to get my head round the collar/stand bit.
According to Burdastyle meaurements; Boyf should be a size 52… but when i looked at the garment measurements on the pattern, and compared them to a shirt from the wardrobe, I ended up making a 38! it’s still a little bit roomier that other fitted shirts he wears!
I also reduced the collar tip, but i think if i was to re-make, I’d definitely reduce the depth of the collar also.
I just chopped the sleeve pattern to make the short sleeve. I wasn’t sure how this would turn out. I cut it straight across, but notice that many women’s a patterns have a curved hem,I did a bit of googling to see if this was the right thing to do, but not much help. It turned out fine, pretty good in fact! I’ve stitched the turn-up a little to hold the shape.
I used a decorative stitch across the yoke, and top of pockets.
Overall I’m pretty happy with it, and Boyf is going to wear it on a night out tonight, so it must be a winner!!