1 / 33
Conquering pants has been on my to do list for a while. I admit the whole crotch region intimidates me, so much can go wrong; camel toe, butt cleavage, the horrors! I used burdastyle 122 trousers from the January 2013 issue as my base pattern because it seemed like a nice basic fitted pant. When I compared the crotch shape to a pair of sacrificed jeans they seemed pretty similar. In the end my major adjustments occurred on the side seams where I took off an inch from both front and back pieces. Talk about good for the ego! Laney marked welt pocket placement on my muslin as they weren’t included in the pattern. You’ve got a good friend when they don’t blink at being asked to draw on your butt. And I used yet another burdastyle pants pattern, straight trousers 11/2012, as a guide for the front pockets.