BurdaStyle

Dsc_0274_large

1 / 18740

I’m so excited with how this dress turned out! I made it for a friend’s baby shower, and now I want to make one for my daughter! Since it was for a baby shower, I didn’t make a muslin for it (per the recommendation) and just followed the instructions instead. This project did involve some hand sewing with the lining and zipper. I think I would try and machine sew the lining to the zipper next time and possibly use my rolled hem foot on the bottom. The other thing I’d do differently next time is placing the zipper at the top of the garment rather than an inch down.

While I love how light and airy the voile is, it was frustrating to cut out because the print was off-grain :(. In the end I used the print for the grain rather than the actual grain, so hopefully it will still hang ok!

Close