1 / 446

Satin Bustier – Burdastyle 1/2014

I had just enough of two contrasting fabric scraps in my vintage stash to sew this bustier top, by making isolated panels, and I am glad to say I got a good fit with this top, I chose the correct size this time lol. It is comfy and breathable. I actually lost the instructions, while I still had the paper pattern pieces, but what I did was reference my metallic foil red bustier I made a few years ago, and winged my way through the boning and edge tape etc. The new addition of wadding to the bust parts adds great form lol, I had some lying around, though it is the non-fusible type. I accidentally cut the centre front and centre back bustier main pieces on the fold, not separately. In hindsight I also think I was meant to add interfacing lol, otherwise it still feels great on.