BurdaStyle

Dressburda02_large

1 / 154

I made this dress once before for my niece, in printed corduroy. This time I made a more summery version for my daughter using a small piece of double-sided vintage cotton I found at the thrift store. As you can see, I used both sides of the fabric and added rick rack trim to the yoke and the pockets. The dress is a size 86 and still a bit big on my 16-month old daughter. However, I decided to go for French seams, so the sleeves could be worn rolled up and still look neat.

This is a great pattern and the rest of the collection is really cute as well. I am thinking about making the matching vest in some light jeans fabric.

Close