BurdaStyle

Origamibatik1_large

1 / 3709

i found this printed viscose jersey fabric about 2,5 years ago. i fell in love with it because the print reminded me so much of Indonesian batik. real Indonesian batiks in jerseys are really hard to get (i don’t think it’s even technically possible to wax a jersey fabric? but who knows), so when i found this one i just knew i needed to get it.

i’ve been wanting to try this pattern as well, but never dared to because other fellow seamstresses have been saying that the skirt part of this pattern is so huge, even when they used their normal size. i was afraid i would encounter the same problem and can’t fix it. :p but anyway, after seeing their reviews one after another (and their gorgeous results), i finally decided to just do it. and i’m glad i did it in 2 sizes smaller than my normal size!

so, the pleat at the front waist didn’t quite match the tuck under the left breast as it was supposed to be, but what-EVER. i made the sleeves and hemline shorter than in the original pattern, and the neckline about 7 cm higher. as always, i want to be able to wear this to work! another thing i omitted was the zipper. this fabric is so stretchy that i don’t even need one.

at first, i didn’t even plan on using 2 different fabrics. but when i remembered the tie-dye fabric i used for this top, i thought combining it with this fabric would make the dress look a bit more fun (and less busy, with all the print).

also posted on my blog.

Close