1 / 5479

I had this lovely boned corsage pattern already for ages and finally felt brave enough to actually make it. I made a muslin first and ended up with pinching out more than 10cm of fabric at the waist but after doing that the fit was brilliant. I used black velvet as the main fabric, a very sturdy cotton as an interlining and black microsatin as lining. It was quite fun to assemble those different layers and to attach the rigilene to the lining. I also made 28 hand sewn eyelets which obviously took a lot of time but was absolutely worth it. I also made a matching skirt for the corsage to have a nice and dramatic evening outfit.

More details and images on my blog, Draped in Cloudlets