1 / 327
This is my version of the Colette Anise. I started my first muslin at the start of October 2012 and after countless muslins and struggles finished it about 2 months later. Cotton flannel on the outside, fully lined with an ivory/ivory polka dot silk twill and hiding between them is a layer of lambswool. The collar, self-covered buttons and welt pockets are micro suede.
I took my time to try my hand at several new-to-me techniques. I tried bound buttonholes, and individually they look good. As a set, they are not uniform enough to make me happy. Rather than recut the front panel and try again, I stitched perma-buttons over them and used snaps as closures. On a larger scale, my first ever welt pockets turned out perfectly. This was my first FBA (a large one of 1.5 inches). You can see where I kept the dart it created. You can also see I had no idea how to apply it to the facing/lining pieces and ended up with a breast curve. On the back piece is a fine example of plaid matching. This was my first time working with plaid.