1 / 814
I made this dress to wear to a friend’s wedding in March.
The red & navy silk brocade was a new purchase, but everything else was made with scraps & remnants already in my stash. The side drape is made with the rayon wool blend that I used for my navy strapless dress, the silk edging is left over lining from the same navy strapless dress, the corset was made with left over red & navy silk (which was interfaced, prior to sewing) & the dress lining was made with left over fabric from the skirt of this dress.
As well as using up a lot of old remnants, this dress was also a bit of a franken pattern creation. The main bodice is from Simplicity 2639, the skirt is from Vogue V1174 & it’s all held in place with an internal corset made using Simplicity 5006.
I’ve included some more information about the construction process on my blog, Orchids In May