1 / 930
A bombshell dress was for a long time on my to do list.
As I am totally fascinated by pattern construction, I decided to give it a try.
Startpoint was my already constructed base pattern which I made tighter as described in the book for a corsage.
Making the cups was not desribed in the book, but if you once understand the base principle, it´s not so difficult. Anyway, I made 2 muslins, the second one fitted me very well.
For sewing the cups I followed the tips of Gretchen Hirsch in her online class Sew Retro Perfect Bombshell Dress .
I made padding fort he cups, so I don´t need a bra – very practical in summer.
The fabric had a flower border which I used as a ruffle – again a little bit shorter in the front.
I am very happy with my new bombshell dress!
The only thing I still want to make, is putting some elastic tape underneath the back neckline, so the dress fits tightly, because the cotton has some lycra and becomes looser when wearing it…