1 / 3

For this blouse, I started by taking apart all the seams of the original shirt, so I was left with a number of flat pieces of fabric. I then traced out a bodice pattern and re-sewed the blouse, turning it around so the buttons were on the back.
The shirt cuffs and collar came from a rather baggy 1980s dress I’d cut up a few months ago. It was going to be a sleeveless top so I had no real need for the cuffs. However, I decided to stick them on the shoulders of the blouse in a fit of fancy.
The collar turned out to be that bit too small for the neck of the new blouse I got around the problem by attaching a length of vintage seam vintage to each side of the collar to function as ties.

More on my blog