2 / 36

My sister bought me some lovely seersucker during a trip to Tokyo. I had a hard time deciding how to use it, and finally settled on this jacket.

The seer-sucker seemed it was going to be a little light for this project, so I interlined it with cotton twill.

I could NOT figure out how to sew the sleeve and lining together. I ended up stopping sewing, then pulling it through the “window” I made in the lining to accommodate the bound buttonholes, and finishing sewing.

The bound buttonholes and sewing the buttons on took the most time. I think I had two actual days of construction.

I really like the way this fits, I think I should keep this in mind for a jacket sloper!