1 / 84
My customer wanted a wedding dress that wasn’t too wedding-y if that makes sense. She showed me pages of ideas all with lots of lace and this was the final creation.
The lace parts were a very organic process as I had to buy in lots of antique lace, see what we had and see what looked good together.
Amazingly the lace we used actually matched…it was ment to be :)
I used vogue options pattern no v8766 as a base….the back and sleeves were draped on as was the lace front bodice. I also re drafted the skirt which was a full skirt but the customer found it too heavy so the lining and the underlining were scaled down to a 3/4 circle. leaving the chiffon at full.
covered 11mm buttons in the satin and used hook and eyes where the zip ended up to the neck line. the edge of the chiffon back was faced using vintage silk bias tape from my old sewing box collection