1 / 101808
Satin Bustier – Burdastyle 1/2014
I had just enough of two contrasting fabric scraps in my vintage stash to sew this bustier top by making isolated panels, and I am glad to say I got a good fit with this top, I chose the correct size this time lol. It is comfy and breathable. I actually lost the instructions, while I still had the paper pattern pieces, but what I did was reference my metallic foil red bustier I made a few years ago, and winged through the boning and edge tape etc, as well as the new addition of wadding to the bust parts, which adds great form lol. I accidentally cut the centre front and back pieces on the fold, not separately. In hindsight I also think I was meant to add interfacing lol, otherwise it still feels great on.