BurdaStyle

Stenbakkenxmas13-front_large

1 / 5

Christmas card 2013! We do a unique/funny/odd Christmas card every year. This year required more of my sewing skills. I used a vintage pattern Simplicity 5338 to make my daughter’s disco pants. I lowered the waist and adjusted the thighs to emphasize the flare. Son’s shirt was made from a women’s XL. I kept the original collar and sleeves and then made the front and back to fit his torso. My sequined top neckline was raised and the bottom shortened. Husband’s pants were originally women’s scrub pants, so the hips and thighs were narrowed. Daughter’s blouse was a woman’s blouse that I removed 3-4 inches off the bodice and then reattached to the smocked/gathered waistband. Other items including the guitar were thrift shop deals. Some shoes were spray-painted white. Hope you all have a great new year!

Close