BurdaStyle

Sophie-91_large

1 / 347

Eeee! This was my final instalment for Two-Piece Set-Acular and my first go at sewing with Scuba fabric. I’m pleased to report that Scuba was amazing to work with, nice and beefy and stable, and not so different in weight to ponte knit.

For the top I used Simplicity 1366 as a base, with a couple of mods including raising and scooping the neckline, adding ribbing and shortening the sleeves. I also added an exposed zipper in the back, just for thrills and managed to come up with a tutorial in the process.

The skirt is newbie pattern Vogue 9031 and it’s just become my new favourite! It’s designed for wovens but actually worked pretty well in scuba. I love how it’s fitted through the hips and voluminous below, which I think lends itself to fabrics with some volume!

Read More

Close