1 / 10515
♫ ♪ Pass This On
Here is the dress I made for my friend’s wedding.. I had only four hours for this project and I had to start it from scratch.. I picked the pattern I used three times before ( 1 , 2 , 3 ).. It’s a pattern for bustier #124 from Burda 01/2012.. Six pieces for the bodice, and the print is saved.. The print was also the reason why I chose to place the invisible zipper at the left side instead at the back of the dress..
I had about 85 cm length of the fabric to use.. The fabric is some sort of cotton with stretch, which I bought a year or two ago.. I loved the print at the first glance.. Stripes and flowers in one fabric, like it’s made for me.. Part with flowers had about 27 cm of length, perfect for the fit bodice.. The bodice is lined with similar type of fabric, white cotton leftover from some other project.. Also I added boning to the lining so the bodice would keep the good shape.. For the skirt I used part of the fabric that has only black and white stripes.. I had to improvise the skirt.. It’s very simple mostly because I didn’t have more fabric and I had to make it from the piece of about 140 × 52 cm.. Four pleats at the front and the back of the dress were enough.. Also I added the pockets, which is always a smart decision..
More on my blog ..