Added Apr 24, 2016
I made this from a double weave cotton in deep navy blue. The fabric has a beautiful sheen and is a refined option to gabardine or melton like the Burda photo.
I got the buttons at Pacific Trimming in NYC. I wanted something nautical but not overtly military like a…
Added Jan 17, 2016
My first attempt at a coat – I’m quite satisfied with the outcome :)
Added Feb 7, 2014
This coat is based on Burda’s Talea Coat. I must admit that the seam ripper was my best friend on this project. I never made a coat before, and this one is listed as an Advanced level pattern. The biggest problem I had was following the instructions. Sometimes the di…
Added Jan 26, 2014
Talea coat fulfil my need for a casual coat. : )
I shortened the shoulder length, and widened the arm holes
Added Dec 18, 2012
This is my most ambitious project. The most expensive too, and i’m very proud of it. I took my time and everything is just as I wanted it to be. I used a Simplicity pattern from magazine Tendances Coutture #4, and inspiration from the beautifull Talea pattern from Bu…
Added Jul 16, 2012
This woolen wonder is made from the Talea BurdaStyle pattern. Oh, how I love free patterns! Although the pattern didn’t come with lining instructions and such as, I managed to make my own. How I accomplished it, I’ll never know, but it turned out great all the same. …
Added Jun 21, 2012
Made this over the last winter and Added my own hood with Skull and Roses lining I had left over from a dress. 1st coat I’ve made and very happy with the results
Added Jan 6, 2012
Burda’s Talea coat.
I kept most of original pattern, just modified sizing, length and back belt.
also I changed to separate facing and full lining.
I wanted a casual and active image coat, therefore i kept Talea’s details like small belts or pockets.
Added Nov 15, 2011
I started making this coat at the first sign of cold back in October. Then it was left hanging on the dress form for a few weeks until I returned to it this week and finished it.
I used the double-breasted version of Talea, changing the shape of the pockets and th…
Added May 31, 2011
based on Talea double breasted, added a pointy hood
Added Dec 27, 2010
Well, I finally finished it.
I had to change the pattern a little bit : the sleeves were 9cm too long (weird, insn’t it ?) and 6 cm too large. First the coat was going down to my ankle, whereas I’m 1m68 tall…
I used Talea coat variation for the pockets.
Added Nov 23, 2010
Inspired by juebejue I shortened the Talea pattern and added a hood to make the perfect autumnal jacket.
My obsession with fleece continues. It’s so easy to work with, cheap, no fraying and has a good stret…
Added Nov 19, 2010
This coat was more or less a feat of necessity. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but it’s November! And cold!
I have wanted to tackle Talea for a while, though. Albeit, this is a heavily modified version, with my own collar, a zipper closure and placket, a basicall…
Added Nov 7, 2010
Added Nov 4, 2010
I’ve wanted to have a go at the talea for ages, but the woolIen fabric is so expensive! I was able to get my hands on a large piece of service-grade Barrathea (aren’t i a lucky girl??!!) this is actually not available in the shops in case people make faux police uni…
Added Oct 30, 2010
The pattern is from 10/2010 BurdaStyle magazine (in france), and is not shown on this website.
When I saw the fabirc, I had to use it. I fisrt thought the color was too weird, but I had many compliments.
It’s next to the mustard winter color when you look at it i…
Added Oct 30, 2010
Actually I bought this green fabric for an other Jacket I not have finished yet, but it was so much fabric, so that I made a second jacket only a shorter one…
I used a pattern from burda-easy-fashion F/W 2006 witch s a version of the Talea coat.…
Added Sep 20, 2010
The cold season is coming and there is yet time to the delivery date. So I need a coat.
I used the pattern of the Talea coat.
I choosed my normaI size, but I sewed the side and dividing seams in the back with only 0,5 cm seam allowences.
I have put the back c…
Added Apr 20, 2010
My variation of the Talea coat. I left out the pockets and other details but instead added a hood and a super cosy fake fur lining. I also had to make some changes at the shoulder because the coat was far to wide for me. The hardest part of this project was the fake …
Added Mar 31, 2010
It is my first time using plaid in making a jacket. I didn’t know that plaid is a big no-no when using princess seam. But I already cut the fabric..That’s why the stripes aren’t even. Now, I am learning as I charge to my experience as mistakes help us learn and im…