Added Dec 16, 2012
I purchased this pattern from the german burda site, before it was available on burdastyle website.
I fell in love with the look of it and thought it would make a perfect dress. I had initially started it in a white and black taffetta polka dot fabric, which turned into a nightmare!
So I started agian and chose a solid colour, and it happened to be yellow.
I had some issues with the peplums and my pattern instructions were in german, so this probably did not help me LOL.
I also decided not to add the strip of fabric under the bust area, as I can wear a cami under it or a bra with clear tape.
I was pretty happy how it turned out, I used a cotton drill (which was a little heavy throw in afew layers) and also lined it with a sunsilk light white lining.
I added in a black zipper and left it exposed for an extra bit of colour. The pattern recommended a smaller zipper, but I chose the longer zipper as I like to be able to actually get in to the dress Hahaha I did try a shorter zipper but couldnt get it off.. So I had to get my mum to help pull me out of it.
The new longer zipper fits perfectly!!!
I also make some adjustments to the skirt as it was alittle too big, and took it in so it was nice and tailored.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.