Added Mar 8, 2010
London, United K...
Here is my first ever sewing project, made using Easy McCalls pattern M2401. As a beginner I can’t quite judge the relative difficulty of different patterns, but it turned out okay so I guess that makes it dead easy! The style is very simple so I used a lively floral print to make it more interesting… well, also because I was advised that busy prints disguise wonky stitching! I added belt loops and little bows on the sleeves to snazz it up a bit. I wear this dress quite a lot and am rather pleased with it. More on my blog: tillyandthebuttons.blogspot.com :)
Quilting weight cotton
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.