Added Jan 12, 2009
This is my first attempt at a coat, and my 3rd sewing creation. I wanted to make a nice dress coat for my daughter that would be warm and look nice at the same time. I used a combination of option A and B. I also shortened the sleeves by 3 inches. The pattern seemed to run a bit small and I wanted growing room so my daughter could wear it a while, so I used size 10 even though she wears about an 8 in girls. I added shoulder pads and interfaced the entire front of the coat, although the pattern didn’t call for it. I think the coat looks and fits better as a result!
100% wool coating, pellon interfacing, flannel-backed satin, buttons
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.