Added Aug 31, 2011
The unique twirly dress is guaranteed to become a favorite!
Airy breezy dresses are very popular in the Netherlands. Girls are allowed to be girls and wear special clothes in everyday life. They look nice and casual, they can dance through the day!
Your influence the look of the dress by the choice of materials:
- poplin in “used” look will make an everyday dress
- corduroy would fall beautifully
- soft velvet paired with colorful tights fit together happily
- fine velvet would yield a unique Christmas dress
- an airy light colored cotton dress would dance around in the summer
- panne velvet wouldn’t need to be ironed
- in delicate white fabrics like silk, taffeta or batiste, the dress would be is a beautiful communion or flower girl dress
Willemientje can be sewn with or without hem ruffles, in single or double layer and the length is to modify as desired. So the pattern can be is either a party dress or an everyday dress.
The dress closes with a zipper in the back.
More on the project here.
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
Watch Meg's promo of our upcoming course! It is the future of at-home pattern drafting...
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
Stock up on our favorite BurdaStyle patterns sewn in white!
Learn How to Sew Knits Successfully With a Sewing Machine
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.