Added Jun 3, 2009
by Jodi Wade
I made these shorts using some leftover fabric from one of my dresses. I didn’t have big enough pieces of fabric so I patchworked some together – it’s not very noticeable though cos of the stripes. I modified the Anita pattern. I brought the waist down by 4cm and made pockets with bows on them. I wanted a covered button. The only good sized button I had didn’t have a shank so I threaded some wire through the holes and made one!
Quite thick striped cotton. Blue floral cotton. Zip. Button. Wire.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Take a look at Meg's 2014 Mash Ups, and get the special pattern bundle that includes them all
Register today and get 20% off with a coupon code
Join Meg Healy in this 6 Week Course, we have just re-opened enrollment for a limited time!
Check out the top four finalists, and vote on your favorite dress
Check out these new 2015 patterns and cozy up to these wintery designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.