Added Jun 3, 2009
by Jodi Wade
I made these shorts using some leftover fabric from one of my dresses. I didn’t have big enough pieces of fabric so I patchworked some together – it’s not very noticeable though cos of the stripes. I modified the Anita pattern. I brought the waist down by 4cm and made pockets with bows on them. I wanted a covered button. The only good sized button I had didn’t have a shank so I threaded some wire through the holes and made one!
Quite thick striped cotton. Blue floral cotton. Zip. Button. Wire.
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
Watch Meg's promo of our upcoming course! It is the future of at-home pattern drafting...
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.