Added Jun 3, 2009
by Jodi Wade
I made these shorts using some leftover fabric from one of my dresses. I didn’t have big enough pieces of fabric so I patchworked some together – it’s not very noticeable though cos of the stripes. I modified the Anita pattern. I brought the waist down by 4cm and made pockets with bows on them. I wanted a covered button. The only good sized button I had didn’t have a shank so I threaded some wire through the holes and made one!
Quite thick striped cotton. Blue floral cotton. Zip. Button. Wire.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.