Added Apr 20, 2014
First I have to say this dress project had many reasons to worry. First of all I wasn’t sure if this pattern would be ok or not. I didn’t like the pattern cover picture as the dress look too short and somehow the fabric choice wasn’t great. However, I decided to give it a try. Next uncertain thing was this fabric. For the first time I purchased fabric from Ikea. When I saw this fabric I instantly knew I needed to make a dress out of it. I was worried about the wuality however. But luckily there was no need to worry. The fabric washes very nicely and was perfect for this dress.
This pattern was very easy and fun to sew. The only problem was with the pleats since the skirt part didn’t match with the bodice until I had made some small fixes. No big deal really but one of those things I can imagine getting on a nerve on a bad day… I lined the bodice with white cotton but left the skirt part unlined. I used version C pattern for the bodice. However, I decided to go for version A and B skirt to have it a bit longer.
I wore this dress today on our family Easter luncheon and I have to say this might be my new favourite dress. Until I sew the next one… :D Happy Easter everyone!
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this step-by-step tutorial on how to sew these overalls with a modern twist!
This course will guide you through the process of creating an 8-piece Lingerie Collection!
Member Project of the Week
Find out why this is the ultimate pool party outfit!
Fashion & Trends
Find out why seamstresses have the best lingerie...
Fashion & Trends
Stunning beaded gowns, crop tops, and everything in between.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.