Added Oct 21, 2008
I made this dress yesterday, after I came home from the library after lots of studying *cough. I really felt like making something so I made this, I altered the Lydia Pattern, extended it, made the arm holes smaller, shortened and pleated the sleeves. As well as adding front and back darts for perfect fit. I am so very happy with this. I have never been tried making armholes smaller and I did this time and it worked perfectly ! I think it was the lace tho, it gave me some way to pull and stretch it where I needed. I used french seams where I could (sleeves and shoulder seams). I really should be studying for my end of year exams.
lace – free from aunty, I was afraid I wouldn’t have enough, luckily I did :D
50cm invisible zip – 16 cents
so pretty much this cost me 16 cents ahah ! I love this.
burdastyle for the pattern !
Make something special and practical for your friends and family this holiday season!
Pattern of the Week
This slim-fit dress makes a perfect cocktail dress for this time of year!
Sweet dresses, an outfit for a doll, and cute embellishments are fun for the holidays!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's latest mash up of our Straight Skirt, and how she made it look so yummy!
Member Project of the Week
The latest Elie Saab collection inspired this hand-beaded dress by chanel2005.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.