Added Mar 20, 2013
This is a dress that I made last weekend in a fit of spring fever. I found the fabric at Joann’s as I was attempting to spend a gift card I got for Christmas. It’s part of the Lisette spring line, I think. It’s just a very lightweight cotton. The dress is fully lined with the muslin I made to test out the pattern, which worked out great since the fabric is kind of transparent. The pattern came from the book The Vintage Pattern Selector by Jo Barnfield. I took two patterns from the book and combined them. I love the book and the patterns in it, but I wouldn’t recommend them for someone new to sewing. The instructions are somewhat vague and there’s nothing mentioned about the yardages needed or seam allowances, hence the muslin.
Very lightweight cotton for the main fabric and white quilting cotton for the contrasting collar and cuffs.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.