Added Sep 9, 2013
by Lunie Blue
I made two chair covers for a wedding.
It was a lot of work because the ruffler attachment didn’t want to work on this slippery fabric.
I tried to use a Simplicity chair cover pattern, but the chair was not the same size.
The wedding hall would not let me borrow the chair to make a pattern, and i forgot to bring pattern paper to make a mock up.
In the end, it didn’t fit 100%, but turned out okay.
The material is see through, so it is backed with white muslin on the seat and the top, and the skirt is double.
The skirt ruffling process was tedious.
Polyester for curtains
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.