Added Dec 3, 2011
I wanted to try out the cap sleeves, but didn’t really want to make it into a full dress, and didn’t really have enough material to hand that I was willing to risk.
This is quilting fabric I got on sale, I thought it was really pretty until I got it home and noticed the knives and forks worked into it. So it wouldn’t really work for what I’d originally planned and it went into the muslin stash. They worst of the pattern is on the back, but well hidden on this from the front.
Instead of attaching a full skirt I just added a 15cm fringe, with a couple of pleats for fullness. My zipper skills need work, and I need to figure out what to do with the lining so it sits better, but otherwise its not too bad.
Quilting cotton… probably a bit on the heavy side for what I planned, but it’ll do.
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this guide all about mini closure solutions!
Take a trip down the aisle in these gorgeous gowns, or change the fabrics for a spring party dress.
Fashion & Trends
See a few of our favorite looks, and the Burda patterns we're inspired to make!
It's time to enter for our grand prize, an EX100 machine PLUS a trip to Nashville!
Pattern of the Week
A body skimming shift goes mod with graphic stripes and square neckline!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.