Added Dec 3, 2011
I wanted to try out the cap sleeves, but didn’t really want to make it into a full dress, and didn’t really have enough material to hand that I was willing to risk.
This is quilting fabric I got on sale, I thought it was really pretty until I got it home and noticed the knives and forks worked into it. So it wouldn’t really work for what I’d originally planned and it went into the muslin stash. They worst of the pattern is on the back, but well hidden on this from the front.
Instead of attaching a full skirt I just added a 15cm fringe, with a couple of pleats for fullness. My zipper skills need work, and I need to figure out what to do with the lining so it sits better, but otherwise its not too bad.
Quilting cotton… probably a bit on the heavy side for what I planned, but it’ll do.
We have just extended registration to accommodate a few more students
Make your Valentine's Day Extra Special, by Making your own Date Night Attire! There is still time..
Revamp those outdated wardrobe staples with chic designs in crisp white and classic denim...
Learn the skills you need to create a pant pattern that fits beautifully
Pattern of the Week
Show a little leg in this sexy skirt with a thigh high slit!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.