Added Apr 19, 2011
My inspiration here was this dress
I just wanted to make it more fitted, and move the waistline upward.
But at first I made my neckhole too small, and when I made it bigger, I kept the same center for the circle I was drawing, when I should have move the circle downward and make it just a little bit bigger… Well, now I know what to do for the next time!
And after this, I’m not afraid of cutouts anymore, with a little interfacing and a little hem tape, it’s so easy!
I also made biais tape for the first time, and that was pretty easy too.
I tried to add short lantern sleeves, they were very cute, but it looked “too much”, I was feeling like a doll.
I also wanted to add big square pockets, but my boyfriend said it would look like an apron… So I didn’t. Not sure it would have been true though!
(Sorry for the wrinkles on the pictures… I didn’t realize it was so obvious!)
Oh and pattern is entirely mine, once again. And this time, almost no adjustments were needed!
Fabric zipper thread interfacing hem tape