Added Mar 11, 2012
I decided to work with Option 3’s Sateen Blouse free ePattern as the basis of this entry. I made the following changes and additions:
1. I sized the basic pattern for a child
2. The side seams were flared to give the tunic an A-line silhouette
3. Made the hemline asymmetrical – the back hem was lowered and rounded and the
front hemline was shortened and given a convex curve.
4. Added a double circular flounce to the sleeves and hemline.
5. Added folded pintucks to the tunic front.
6. Changed the neckline.
Finally, I used colorful cotton voile to convey the light floaty feel of the tunic.
Thank you for hosting/creating such a fun challenge.
Material used was from the Anna Marie Horner Little Folks collection for Free Spirit Westminster fibers.
Take off with pleats, cut-outs, insets, and futuristic prints.
Fashion & Trends
The best patterns and styling tips for this summer's top pants trend.
Pattern of the Week
A tank silhouette with elasticated waist is a carefree take on the Little Black Dress
Voting had begun! Vote for your favorite dress to be the next face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.
Sparkle in pretty tanks, easy dresses, and a romper with splashes of sequins.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.