Added Mar 11, 2012
I decided to work with Option 3’s Sateen Blouse free ePattern as the basis of this entry. I made the following changes and additions:
1. I sized the basic pattern for a child
2. The side seams were flared to give the tunic an A-line silhouette
3. Made the hemline asymmetrical – the back hem was lowered and rounded and the
front hemline was shortened and given a convex curve.
4. Added a double circular flounce to the sleeves and hemline.
5. Added folded pintucks to the tunic front.
6. Changed the neckline.
Finally, I used colorful cotton voile to convey the light floaty feel of the tunic.
Thank you for hosting/creating such a fun challenge.
Material used was from the Anna Marie Horner Little Folks collection for Free Spirit Westminster fibers.
Enter the code EARLYBLACKFRIDAY at checkout to save
Pattern of the Week
Seams divide the front for a detail minimalists will love! (This pattern is also a part of our sale)
We have marked down 50 sewing pattern to $2.99 only until Monday, so hurry!
Our fabulous BurdaStylers of course! Today, save 30% Site-Wide With Code ThankYou14!
Satin takes the stage in this new collection of dresses, skirts, and fluttery tops.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.