Added Mar 11, 2012
I decided to work with Option 3’s Sateen Blouse free ePattern as the basis of this entry. I made the following changes and additions:
1. I sized the basic pattern for a child
2. The side seams were flared to give the tunic an A-line silhouette
3. Made the hemline asymmetrical – the back hem was lowered and rounded and the
front hemline was shortened and given a convex curve.
4. Added a double circular flounce to the sleeves and hemline.
5. Added folded pintucks to the tunic front.
6. Changed the neckline.
Finally, I used colorful cotton voile to convey the light floaty feel of the tunic.
Thank you for hosting/creating such a fun challenge.
Material used was from the Anna Marie Horner Little Folks collection for Free Spirit Westminster fibers.
Join us at The Sewing Studio for the quilting event of the season!
Show us your sloper projects for a chance to win fabric, a free pattern, and Mend & Make Fabulous!
Pattern of the Week
Let in the sun in this oversized top
Ruffles and ruching make crush-worthy tops, dresses, and skirts.
Fashion & Trends
Sew this cute style from Chanel's F/W 14 Couture Collection!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.