Added Mar 11, 2012
I decided to work with Option 3’s Sateen Blouse free ePattern as the basis of this entry. I made the following changes and additions:
1. I sized the basic pattern for a child
2. The side seams were flared to give the tunic an A-line silhouette
3. Made the hemline asymmetrical – the back hem was lowered and rounded and the
front hemline was shortened and given a convex curve.
4. Added a double circular flounce to the sleeves and hemline.
5. Added folded pintucks to the tunic front.
6. Changed the neckline.
Finally, I used colorful cotton voile to convey the light floaty feel of the tunic.
Thank you for hosting/creating such a fun challenge.
Material used was from the Anna Marie Horner Little Folks collection for Free Spirit Westminster fibers.
Burda Style Videos
Help us count down our TOP 10 most popular videos and get inspired!
Meg got an inside look into our new course, and see why she thinks you need to register too!
Leopard print, stripes, and mod coats for fall.
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this step-by-step tutorial on how to sew these overalls with a modern twist!
This course will guide you through the process of creating an 8-piece Lingerie Collection!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.