Added Mar 11, 2012
I decided to work with Option 3’s Sateen Blouse free ePattern as the basis of this entry. I made the following changes and additions:
1. I sized the basic pattern for a child
2. The side seams were flared to give the tunic an A-line silhouette
3. Made the hemline asymmetrical – the back hem was lowered and rounded and the
front hemline was shortened and given a convex curve.
4. Added a double circular flounce to the sleeves and hemline.
5. Added folded pintucks to the tunic front.
6. Changed the neckline.
Finally, I used colorful cotton voile to convey the light floaty feel of the tunic.
Thank you for hosting/creating such a fun challenge.
Material used was from the Anna Marie Horner Little Folks collection for Free Spirit Westminster fibers.
Revamp those outdated wardrobe staples with chic designs in crisp white and classic denim...
Learn the skills you need to create a pant pattern that fits beautifully
Pattern of the Week
Show a little leg in this sexy skirt with a thigh high slit!
In this Flagship Kit for only $19.99
The kids are sure to steal the show in this charming collection of classic, elegant pieces.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.