Added Mar 11, 2012
I decided to work with Option 3’s Sateen Blouse free ePattern as the basis of this entry. I made the following changes and additions:
1. I sized the basic pattern for a child
2. The side seams were flared to give the tunic an A-line silhouette
3. Made the hemline asymmetrical – the back hem was lowered and rounded and the
front hemline was shortened and given a convex curve.
4. Added a double circular flounce to the sleeves and hemline.
5. Added folded pintucks to the tunic front.
6. Changed the neckline.
Finally, I used colorful cotton voile to convey the light floaty feel of the tunic.
Thank you for hosting/creating such a fun challenge.
Material used was from the Anna Marie Horner Little Folks collection for Free Spirit Westminster fibers.
Check out these festive sewing patterns just in time for Oktoberfest
Fashion & Trends
All the fall trouser sewing inspiration you need.
Pattern of the Week
This jacket is a mix of mod and military and will change the look of any outfit!
Go far afield in this collection of bib dresses, waistcoats, and wool jackets in textured fall fabri
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this jean alteration technique and find out how you can learn more!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.