Added Mar 13, 2012
I created this romper using the free jumper pattern. I felt that the lines on the pattern were similar to what would work for a romper. I had this fabric already and thought that it would make a great summer look. I kept a few things from the original pattern, but I did some major new elements. I got rid of the sleeves because rompers are better with less additions. I added exterior pockets to add a little more of visual element. I also wanted to give it a plunging back to give a little surprise. I wanted to give this romper a little more of an adult feel. This was my first time making my own pants pattern and it was difficult. I am very happy with how they came out now though.
These photos were taken very last minute for this. I don’t know why I wait to the last minute to do things. I am in my vintage travel trailer that I am currently restoring. I can’t wait for the summer days when I can really be in here and have the sun shining in!
To see more of my projects, please check out my blog:
The Make Do Challenge
Meg's Magazine Mash Up 2014
Take a look at Meg's 2014 Mash Ups, and get the special pattern bundle that includes them all
Register today and get 20% off with a coupon code
Join Meg Healy in this 6 Week Course, we have just re-opened enrollment for a limited time!
Check out the top four finalists, and vote on your favorite dress
Check out these new 2015 patterns and cozy up to these wintery designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.