Added Mar 13, 2012
I created this romper using the free jumper pattern. I felt that the lines on the pattern were similar to what would work for a romper. I had this fabric already and thought that it would make a great summer look. I kept a few things from the original pattern, but I did some major new elements. I got rid of the sleeves because rompers are better with less additions. I added exterior pockets to add a little more of visual element. I also wanted to give it a plunging back to give a little surprise. I wanted to give this romper a little more of an adult feel. This was my first time making my own pants pattern and it was difficult. I am very happy with how they came out now though.
These photos were taken very last minute for this. I don’t know why I wait to the last minute to do things. I am in my vintage travel trailer that I am currently restoring. I can’t wait for the summer days when I can really be in here and have the sun shining in!
To see more of my projects, please check out my blog:
The Make Do Challenge
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.