VintageModern Design Challenge Romper
Added Mar 13, 2012
I created this romper using the free jumper pattern. I felt that the lines on the pattern were similar to what would work for a romper. I had this fabric already and thought that it would make a great summer look. I kept a few things from the original pattern, but I did some major new elements. I got rid of the sleeves because rompers are better with less additions. I added exterior pockets to add a little more of visual element. I also wanted to give it a plunging back to give a little surprise. I wanted to give this romper a little more of an adult feel. This was my first time making my own pants pattern and it was difficult. I am very happy with how they came out now though.
These photos were taken very last minute for this. I don’t know why I wait to the last minute to do things. I am in my vintage travel trailer that I am currently restoring. I can’t wait for the summer days when I can really be in here and have the sun shining in!
To see more of my projects, please check out my blog:
The Make Do Challenge