Added Mar 13, 2012
I created this romper using the free jumper pattern. I felt that the lines on the pattern were similar to what would work for a romper. I had this fabric already and thought that it would make a great summer look. I kept a few things from the original pattern, but I did some major new elements. I got rid of the sleeves because rompers are better with less additions. I added exterior pockets to add a little more of visual element. I also wanted to give it a plunging back to give a little surprise. I wanted to give this romper a little more of an adult feel. This was my first time making my own pants pattern and it was difficult. I am very happy with how they came out now though.
These photos were taken very last minute for this. I don’t know why I wait to the last minute to do things. I am in my vintage travel trailer that I am currently restoring. I can’t wait for the summer days when I can really be in here and have the sun shining in!
To see more of my projects, please check out my blog:
The Make Do Challenge
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.