Added Jun 19, 2011
My attempt at Jamie Lau’s version of Angela Kane’s pinafore dress. I was on the high end of the medium, and while I did add quite a bit of extra seam allowance, when I got everything ready it wouldn’t fit around me at all. I added narrow strips to the sides, which are luckily disguised by all the flowers. The collar is made from an extra chunk of hem from a store-bought dress, because I have to cut at least six inches off of everything I buy. It’s not lined, so I covered the seam allowance in flexi-lace on the collar.
1930s reproduction quilting cotton, chambray left over from hemming a purchased dress.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.