Added Jun 19, 2011
My attempt at Jamie Lau’s version of Angela Kane’s pinafore dress. I was on the high end of the medium, and while I did add quite a bit of extra seam allowance, when I got everything ready it wouldn’t fit around me at all. I added narrow strips to the sides, which are luckily disguised by all the flowers. The collar is made from an extra chunk of hem from a store-bought dress, because I have to cut at least six inches off of everything I buy. It’s not lined, so I covered the seam allowance in flexi-lace on the collar.
1930s reproduction quilting cotton, chambray left over from hemming a purchased dress.
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.