Added Jun 19, 2011
My attempt at Jamie Lau’s version of Angela Kane’s pinafore dress. I was on the high end of the medium, and while I did add quite a bit of extra seam allowance, when I got everything ready it wouldn’t fit around me at all. I added narrow strips to the sides, which are luckily disguised by all the flowers. The collar is made from an extra chunk of hem from a store-bought dress, because I have to cut at least six inches off of everything I buy. It’s not lined, so I covered the seam allowance in flexi-lace on the collar.
1930s reproduction quilting cotton, chambray left over from hemming a purchased dress.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.