Added Jan 14, 2009
I found the old pattern for this dress at my favorite thrift store. I followed the pattern, but once the dress was done I decided it needed some changes. It’s meant to tie at the back, but instead I kept the v-neck and added elastic at the waist. I also took the sides in a bit and added some vintage buttons to accent the princess sleeves.
Blue cotton, elastic, and two blue buttons from my grandma’s old sewing supplies.
Try out menswear inspired wardrobe staples, like unconventional jackets and high waisted pants.
Find full size patterns for these, and other gorgeous styles in the spring issue!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's latest mash up of our Princess Seam Top, and see how she made it into a dress!
Member Project of the Week
Kelerabeus modified our Wool Shorts pattern with adorable scalloped edges.
Check out this step-by-step on sewing our edgy, asymmetrical, paneled dress!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.